Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jaemen's Bedroom Renovation

For a while now I have been thinking of things to do to Jaemen's room. It is a little to babyish for him now and he needs a new bedset anyways for his new big boy bed!! Yes... Our little man has grown up and moved to a big boy bed. It has been wonderful. He goes to sleep all by himself and stays asleep in there until about 6am and then wakes up and wants to sleep with mommy and daddy. SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT!!!

So the two colors which I can not get a paint sample of online to show you the colors are Red Delicious and Rich Navy. I hope it is going to turn out. Not sure if the red should go on top or bottom... I have it on top though. Next, here is the bedspread I have picked out..
I think this one is cute and will grow with him... He is loving sports and anything to do with balls ever since I can imagine. So I think this will be good for him. I am going to add these on top unless I think it is to much.
I will lose my much beloved Jaemen letters that were above his crib... So I think I will either just redo them or I think but the saying, "You have to take the shot, to make the shot" above his bed to keep the theme going..
The last thing that I am thinking about is on his closet door just buying a little quart of chalk paint and doing the inside of the door panels. I am not sure about this. He has been showing major interest in coloring lately BUT... I also do not want him to think that coloring on the door/walls is ok. So I might just do it for now and not give him the chalk for a while yet until he can comprend.
I need to get navy blue curtains for his windows so that the sun doesnt come through that sliding glass window in the morning and I am thinking about getting iron on a big basketball to the one on the sliding glass window. Not sure how I am going to do that though yet since I dont know how to sew. My craftiness will figure it out though.
That is what I am up to right now and hopefully we can get some of that done before his Daddy gets back from Texas.
Until later...
Karidan

No comments: